David E. Gray
David has practiced law in Evansville since August, 1980. His practice focuses on estate planning and the administration of estates and trusts. He previously held the title of a certified Estate Planning and Administration Specialist by the Estate Planning and Administration Specialty Certification Board, and held this designation since 2007. A substantial amount of his time has been devoted to estate and trust litigation ranging from will contests to actions to remove trustees.
Over the years, David has been involved in a wide range of legal matters ranging from trying a case in the U.S. Tax Court to arguing appeals in the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago, Illinois. He has handled a large number of state and federal appeals and he has participated in a wide range of litigation in various capacities.
Immediately prior to practicing law in Evansville, David worked as a tax specialist in Indianapolis for the accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand where he began working immediately after graduating magna cum laude from Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis in January of 1978.
David is married to a local educator and has two adult children. He enjoys fly fishing, biking, and reading.
David graduated from the University of Southern Indiana in 1974 (magna cum laude) and served as the editor of student newspaper while there. He was awarded the Joe Aaron Scholarship for Journalism in 1974.
- Evansville Bar Association, Probate and Real Property Section
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Probate and Trusts Section
- Evansville Bar Foundation Board (2004-2008); President of Bar Foundation (2006-2008)
- University of Southern Indiana Alumni Association Board (1982-1986); President of Alumni Association (1985-1986)
- University of Southern Indiana Foundation Board (1986-1987)
- Indiana Trust and Estates Specialty Certification Board (2010-2012)
- Indiana Bar
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Board Certified Indiana Trust and Estate Lawyer (certified from April 2007-December 2021)
- University of Southern Indiana, magna cum laude, 1974
- Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis, magna cum laude, 1978
- Estate Planning, Probate and Guardianship
- Litigation and Appellate Practice